Cisco 7821 Review: A Modern Handset for Skilled Workers
Posted by: nuacom
We are Cisco Certified Partners and have been working with Cisco devices since 2009. Our company has provided countless handsets and upgraded phone systems to businesses of all kinds. Year after year, Cisco handsets have proved to be extremely reliable, efficient and affordable. NUACOM is reviewing the Cisco 7821 IP phone, the latest exciting product by Cisco. It is meant to replace the older range of the Cisco SPA 303 handsets (which is still one of the most in-demand products). We will explore the phone’s design, hardware specifications, features and capabilities.
Cisco 7821 at First Glance
- Two dedicated programmable lines for more efficient call handling
- High-resolution graphical grayscale display 3.5-inch (89-mm)
- Dedicated fixed keys (hold, transfer, conference, voicemail, directory, etc.)
- Built-in speakerphone to support hands-free communications
- Full wideband audio support (handset, headset, and speakerphone)
DesignThe Cisco 7821 handset features an attractive, ergonomic design. It has keys that are tactile and easy to use. It has a white backlit, greyscale, 3.5-inch 396×162 pixel based display and a dual position foot stand (30 degrees and 45 degrees). The handset is available in two colours, charcoal and white. The phone is easy to use and provides a really great user experience, from the minute you pick it up.
HardwareThe phone casing is made of high-quality, textured plastic which provides a solid and modern look and feel. The Cisco 7821 handset is eco-friendly and energy-efficient, featuring a power-save option intended to reduce power consumption during off hours. Here are additional hardware specifications:
- Physical dimensions (HxWxD) – 207 x 206 x 28mm
- Display – 5 inch 396×162 pixels
- Weight – 867 g
- Handset – a standard wideband capable audio handset
- Headset – the analog headset jack is a standard wideband capable RJ-9 audio port
- Full duplex speakerphone – gives extra flexibility in making or receiving calls
- Bezel – replaceable black bezel
- Dual-position foot stand – the two-position foot stand supports viewing angles of 30 degrees and 45 degrees; you can remove the foot stand for wall mounting, with mounting holes located on the base of the phone.
- Dedicated keys – Line keys, Soft-keys, Two-way navigation and select keys, Hold/Resume, Transfer and Conference keys, Messaging, Service and Directory keys, Standard key pads, Volume control toggle key, Speakerphone, headset and mute keys
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) – the phone supports POE Class 1, power consumption does not exceed 3.84 watts.
FeaturesCisco 7821 includes a wide variety of advanced features created to enhance user experience and make your business communication more efficient. Along with our wide set of advanced features, you’ll get access to more built-in features:
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) support
- Agent greeting
- Auto-detection of headset
- Call back
- Call forward
- Call history
- Call park
- Call pickup
- Call timer
- Call waiting
- Caller ID
- Dial from the list
- Direct transfer
- Do not disturb
- Group call pickup
- Immediate divert
- Message-waiting indicator
- Music on hold
- Network profiles (automatic)
- On- and off-network distinctive ringing
- Personal directory, corporate directory
- User-adjustable ring tones
- Speed dial
Rating★★★★★ 4.8 out of 5 for: ergonomic and modern design, durable, feature-rich, great value for money.
ConclusionCisco 7821 is a robust, ergonomic and cost-efficient handset for knowledge workers and busy managers with a variety of communication needs. It is a modern handset allowing you to work in the office or from any location and benefit from new technology and IP telephony. It’s intended to provide comprehensive features and increase your productivity. Switch to our hosted phone service now and enjoy working working with this great device, which will help you with all your communication needs.
Posted in: News on 18th November 2016